Disclaimer -These Swords are not sharp, they have no sharp edge, and for Hm Forces Service / Ceremonial Use only.
The 1828 Pattern Highland Officer’s Sword was issued to Officers of Scottish Highland Regiments such as the 92nd Regiment of Foot – The Gordon Highlanders. It was carried throughout many campaigns throughout the 19th Century and even saw service in WWI. Sergeants of such regiments were often issued with a plain bladed version.
Our 1828 Pattern Highland Officer’s Sword is handcrafted like the originals and features a forged and tempered high carbon steel blade. The steel hilt features a red cloth liner, brown leather grip and red pommel tassel. The etched blade is housed in an authentically styled steel scabbard.
Total length: 100 cm
Blade length: 81 cm
Grip length: 13 cm
Weight: 1.360 kg
Blade thickness (base): 6.8 mm
Blade thickness (CoP): 5 mm
Blade width (base): 2.6 cm
Blade width (CoP): 2.5 cm
Point of Balance (PoB): 9 cm
Centre of Percussion (CoP): 25 cm
All dimensions are approximate and may vary from piece to piece.
- Free Engraving with all Knives & Tools purchased.
- See Picture for example video & pictures
- Limited to 25 Characters, (Approx 4mmmm high x 35mm Wide, maybe be adjusted to fit design of blade).
- Contrast Engraving, lighter on darker blades, Darker on lighter blades.
- Right side of blade if Possible (We need an area clean, flat with space to engrave without existing branding). We may use other side.
- Add your text in the box provided. (we use a filled contemporary Arial bold font)
- Returns - Please note if you accept this free engraving option, your warranty (if the knife comes with one, isn’t affected) but it will invalidate any returns, unless a error on engraving has been made by us.
- Bespoke Engraving: We can also engrave logos, cap badges etc at additional cost please. Contact us for a competitive price.