This sword is considered by some to be the best fighting sword ever issued to a British Officer. As such it has never been replaced and is the current issue sword within the British Army. The only difference between this sword and its Victorian predecessor is the cypher of the reigning monarch at the time of issue. The polished blade has been forged from EN9 steel and has been well tempered.
Total length: 98 cm
Blade length: 82.5 cm
Grip length: 10.5 cm
Weight: 0.902 kg
Blade thickness (base): 5.6 mm
Blade thickness (CoP): 4.7 mm
Blade width (base): 2.3 cm
Blade width (CoP): 2 cm
Point of Balance (PoB): 14 cm
Center of Percussion (CoP): 26 cm
- Free Engraving with all Knives & Tools purchased.
- See Picture for example video & pictures
- Limited to 25 Characters, (Approx 4mmmm high x 35mm Wide, maybe be adjusted to fit design of blade).
- Contrast Engraving, lighter on darker blades, Darker on lighter blades.
- Right side of blade if Possible (We need an area clean, flat with space to engrave without existing branding). We may use other side.
- Add your text in the box provided. (we use a filled contemporary Arial bold font)
- Returns - Please note if you accept this free engraving option, your warranty (if the knife comes with one, isn’t affected) but it will invalidate any returns, unless a error on engraving has been made by us.
- Bespoke Engraving: We can also engrave logos, cap badges etc at additional cost please. Contact us for a competitive price.