Terms and Conditions
In this section we outline our companies’ terms and conditions. These have been written primarily to protect the consumer as well as the retailer and comply fully to all UK commerce regulatory framework.
How we collect information about you.
When you visit our website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email, Skype ID and other similar information.
- Before permitting you to use our Service, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your date of birth, social security number or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services. When you are using our Service, we collect information about your account transactions and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes. Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
- When you access our website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer.
- We send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
- We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form, so that you don't need to retype the e-mail address each time you log in to your account.
- We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymzed so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our servers within the UK as well as accessing and storing information through PayPal and EBay. How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- We will not disclose/store your credit card number or bank account number or other financial information about our customers
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations; (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services).
- Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit bureaus to report outstanding negative balance accounts, as allowed by law.
- your personal information could be used contrary to this policy, you will receive prior notice.)
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
- Squaddiekit.Ltd will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us via Email: email@example.com
- Sale / Discount Policy
- Items offered at a percentage (%) off the Recommended Retail Price (RRP) are final sales and cannot therefore be returned, unless faulty. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Satisfaction Policy
- All products offered are protected by a 14 Day Full Satisfaction Policy which guarantees a full refund or product exchange if in unused condition. If you are not entirely satisfied with an item that you have purchased, you may return the item within 14 days of delivery at your own cost for either. Please be aware an administration fee may apply.
We adhere to the following regulatory framework:
- Electronic Signature Regulations 2002
- Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
- Sale of Goods Act 1979
- Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977
- Electronic Commerce Directive (EC Directive) Regulations 2002
- Consumer protection from unfair trading regulation 2008
Together with the Declarations on the hire contract below these are the Terms and Condition under which Squaddiekit.Ltd, herein referred to as SK, and agrees to hire/lease the uniforms and accessories, listed in the hire contact, to the Hirer named within the hire contract.
1 The Hire Period begins on the date shown in the hire contract and continues for the period specified unless otherwise determined as provided in the Agreement in the hire contract.
2 At the end of the noted Hire Period the Hirer shall immediately return the Costumes to SK at the address in the hire contract.
3 If the Hirer fails to do so SK shall be entitled to retake possession of the Costumes; and the Hirer shall on demand pay to SK rental in respect of the Costumes at the rate of one half of the normal weekly Hire Charge or at such other rate if specified in the hire contract, for each week or part week from the date of expiry of the Agreement to the date of repossession.
4 The Hirer shall pay on time to SK the charges set out in the hire contract and always before the Costumes leave SK premises.
5 Once the Hirer removes the Costumes from SK premises the Hire Fee cannot be refunded.
7 SK shall be entitled to take from the deposit any amounts due to them from the Hirer as a result of non payment, loss or damage to the Costumes and Costumes being returned after the due return date.
8 Where an amount is to be taken from the deposit, SK shall notify the Hirer at the address stated in the hire contract by the Hirer.
9 Interest is payable by the Hirer on overdue instalments and on all other sums payable or which become payable under this Agreement which are unpaid by the due date.
10 Interest is calculated from the due date to the date of payment at a rate of 4% above the Co-operative Bank base lending rate for sterling from time to time prevailing.
11 Any interest payable under clause 9 above shall run from day to day and shall be accounted for after as well as before any judgments.
12 In the event of the Hirer becoming insolvent or committing an act of bankruptcy this hiring shall come to an end without notice and the Costumes shall no longer be in the Hirer's possession with the consent of SK and SK shall be entitled to enter upon the Hirer's premises or any other premises where the Costumes are held in order to retake possession of the Costumes. All costs and expenses reasonably incurred in connection with such recovery shall be paid by the Hirer.
Covenants of the Hirer
13 The Hirer agrees with SK as follows:
a: to be solely responsible for the Costumes to their full replacement value or to the value as specified at the time of hire, at all times from the moment the Costumes leave the premises of SK until their return to SK premises or as SK shall direct;
b: to take proper care of the Costumes and to take responsibility for all loss and damage to the Costumes howsoever caused during the period of hire;
c: to be responsible for the delivery of the Costumes from and to SK premises. The Hirer remains responsible for delivery where SK makes arrangements for delivery as agent on behalf of the Hirer;
d: to use the Costumes for the purpose expressly indicated to SK at the time of the order and not for any other purpose except by agreement with SK;
e: not to damage the Costumes or permit them to be damaged in any way;
f: not to make any amendments, modifications or additions to the Costumes or alter them in any way;
g: to permit SK and any person duly authorised by SK at all reasonable times to inspect the Costumes and for the purposes of carrying out the same, to have access to any premises where the Costumes may be situated;
h: to keep the Costumes at all times in the hirers possession and control and not to remove or permit the removal of the same from the UK without the consent in writing of SK;
i: to notify SK immediately of any change of address and, upon the request of SK, to notify SK of the location of the Costumes;
j: not to sell, assign, let, pledge, mortgage, charge, encumber, part with possession of or otherwise deal with the Costumes or any interest therein nor to assign the benefit of this Agreement nor to create or to permit the creation of any lien on the Costumes;
k: to keep the Costumes free of any distrait, distress, execution or other legal process;
l: to insure the Costumes to their full replacement value with a reputable insurance company against loss or damage by accident, fire and such other risks, if any, against which it is usual to insure the Costumes;
m: to notify SK immediately of any loss, or damage to the Costumes and to pay SK the full cost of the replacement or repair of the Costumes.
14 Upon termination of this Agreement:
a: the Hirer shall return the Costumes in good condition to SK at the Address in the hire contract or to such other place as SK shall appoint. If the Hirer fails to do this SK shall be entitled without notice to take repossession of the Costumes
b: the Hirer shall pay to SK immediately or on demand all arrears of rentals, interest and any other sums payable under this Agreement up to the date of termination including the costs of all repairs required to be done to the Costumes in order to put them in good condition as well as the replacement costs of any item that cannot be repaired or is not returned.
15 When SK agrees to retain for the Hirer particular Costumes until a specified date, the Hirer agrees to pay the retention charges agreed between SK and the Hirer: retention charges cannot be refunded.
16 Upon the return of the Costumes, SK will as soon as practicable check the Costumes within their Returns Department. The Hirer is entitled to be present at the checking in procedure at a time and date stipulated by SK, but in the event that the Hirer is not present then the decision of SK as to the accuracy of the checking in procedure is final and binding on the parties. Any discrepancy will be communicated in writing to the Hirer as soon as practicable.
17 SK shall not in any way be liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly by events over which SK has no control including but not limited to, act of God or the Queen's enemies invasion exceptionally inclement weather strikes whether official or unofficial lock-outs or civil commotion or prohibitions imposed by Law or any Government or competent Authority including also neglect or default on the part of the carriers or from any consequential damage or loss resulting from such delay in or failure of delivery or otherwise.
18 These terms and conditions shall form the basis of the entire Agreement between the parties and no variations or additions shall be made unless agreed between the parties in writing.
19 This Agreement is made in England and is governed by English Law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts as regards any claim, dispute or matter arising out of or relating to this Agreement.